4D31 4D32 Used Fuel Injection Pump For Excavator HD512 101492 - 1221
|Car name: Fuel Injection Pump||Model Number: 4D31|
|Quality: Standard||Engine type: Diesel|
|Application: Excavator||Part code: 101049 - 9950|
|Cooling: Water cooling||Injection: Direct|
How does a Continuous fuel injection pump work?
The continuous pump helps to maintain pressure on the fuel lines. Unlike other pumps, it is not used to distribute or meter the quantity of the fuel.
It is used in an electronic fuel injection system, where the ECU controls the fuel injection.
How to tell if fuel injection pump is bad?
Some of the faulty fuel injection pump symptoms are as follows:
1. Engine splutters: The improper fuel injection because of the faulty fuel injection pump is one of the reasons for the sputtering noise of the engine. One can notice this sputtering noise while accelerating the vehicle or at a higher engine speed.
2. Whining noise: This is another symptom that you can hear a whining noise made by the fuel pump at the location of the fuel tank.
It may arise due to the faulty fuel injection pump or it may cause due to the insufficient amount of fuel in the tank, thus it becomes difficult for the pump to suck the fuel.
3. Lack of power when a vehicle is loaded: In some cases when the vehicle is in loaded condition, the fuel pump is not able to provide a sufficient amount of the fuel for the combustion, thus it feels like the engine is unable to produce a sufficient amount of power to move the load.
4. Difficult to start: Sometimes it becomes difficult to start the engine, as the fuel pump is not pressurising the fuel line. In some cases, the engine gets started, and then it again stalls.
5. Smoky exhaust and less fuel economy: One of the reasons behind the smoky exhaust is that the fuel pump is supplying excessive fuel to the injectors. Thus due to the improper combustion of the fuel, smoky exhaust gases are observed at the tailpipe or the fuel economy gets lowered.
What is phasing and calibration of fuel injection pump?
Phasing of the fuel injection pump is the procedure of adjusting the fuel injection timing to reduce the torque fluctuations. The phasing of the fuel injection pump is generally done before the calibration.
The timing of the fuel injection is adjusted with respect to the position of the crankshaft. The phasing helps to reduce the torque fluctuation, thus it also reduces the gear impact noise.
Calibration of the fuel injection pump is carried out to ensure the same quantity of fuel is delivered to all the cylinders of the multicylinder engine. The calibration is generally done after the repairing or rebuilding of the fuel injection pump.